Monday, June 28, 2010

World Cup Bracket Analysis....

It may be a little late for this, but here is my Analysis of the knockout round:

Bracket 1:
South Korea vs. Uruguay
US vs. Ghana
==> If we were going to get to the semi's this would be the year. We would have an even shot against any of these teams. Alas, it was not to be. I think Uruguay's offensive prowess will be too much, but the game will be fun to watch.
* Winner: Uruguay

Netherlands vs. Slovakia
Brazil vs. Chile
==> Netherlands and Brazil to advance. Both teams are playing well, but my edge goes to the Brazilians. Netherlands defensive weaknesses get exposed by Brazil
* Winner: Brazil

Bracket 3:
Argentina vs. Mexico (3-1)
Germany vs. England (4-1)
==> I would have expected closer games, but that is soccer. A rematch of some classic finals. I think Germany is too technically sound for Agentina.
* Winner: Germany

Bracket 4:
Paraguay vs. Japan
Spain vs. Portugal
==> Anything can happen, but I take Spain and Paraguay, with Spain going to the semis.

Semi 1
Brazil over Uruguay (Brazil is Brazil)

Semi 2:
Germany over Spain (Germany is playing better)

Final: Rematch of 2002, Winners: Germany

No comments: