Wow, I haven't posted in like forever:
Fitness: Been traveling a lot for work lately. Training has been sporadic. Since I have been doing a lot of bowling practice, my KB ballistics work (and form) has decreased. Still able to do over 1 hour of HoC cardio.
I just went to my ISSA certification seminar. The seminar was very educational, but in absolutely no way shape or form was anywhere in the ballpark near what the RKC weekend was. The RKC was a life-changing experience. I do think that the stuff I learn, esp. regarding gym training, will be applicable for the rest of my life. Also, the diet education was pure gold - I am going to put myself on a three week diet and blog it.
I have been doing a lot more 5x5 work (C&P, RR, DL and SQ) and more pullups -- I have been very busy, and these are very time friendly.
I took the time, since training frequency was down, to go into a mass phase. I think it is working fairly well - everything feels fuller.
Bowling: I did my first PBA tournament - and I bowled like crap. I averaged about 174 and I could not hit the side of a barn. My brain was just fried:
* I did not sleep the night before
* I had to drive two hours to the venue and had to wake up at 4:45 AM (not doing that again)
* Did not hydrate and fuel properly beforehand
* I was just intimidated by the prospect of bowling my first tournament -- could not focus.
==> I will add this, bowling again legitimate professional, even though I did not do so well, was very educational. I am looking to do three more bowling tournaments this summer and see how I stack up. I have been bowing about 36 games/week - so just the practice card along pays for my membership in about 1 month. They also have deep discounts on equipment.
Hell's Kitchen: The right chef won, without a doubt. Also, Christine was also a Culinary Institute of America (Hyde Park, NY) graduate.
Over 4th of July weekend, watched the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest. Disgusting! They really need to change it - what they are doing does not resemble eating hot dogs at all. They should change the rules to the following:
* You should not be able to eat the dog separately from the bun (I don't give a shit if you are on Atkins or not).
* You should not be able to dunk anything in water.
* Instead of a race for time, make it one for a number of dogs eaten. Not only would you not have to decide on partial dogs, but it would be safer for the contestants.
* After watching this and eating 3 hots dogs - I honestly do not want to see a hot dog for a very long time.
Check out Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel.
I also bought a "Quincy, M. E." DVD set. I used to love that show as a child. TV was much better than - I do think that a M. E. often risking life and limb is a little over the top, but it was still a very good show. TV generally sucks now, but there is a lot more of it.
Tampa Restaurant reviews:
* Sunni Bunni Yogurt (in the same plaza as Bella's): It was like vuja de all over again. The place is just like Cali Yogurt, except in a worse location with less customers. I hope they make it though.
* I noticed that Bernardo's is now a bar. That is fine, but I hope they figure out who the heck they are.
* I noticed Starbucks has added a smooth (Vivanno or some other Fritalian crap like that). Generally speaking, commercial smoothies are crap, but it is less crappy that a Frappucino. Their thumbprint scones get a thumbs up from me too.