Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I am sorry, but you are not fat because....

1) ...you ate corn, and corn is not really a vegetable.

2) ...you ate a sandwich with bread in it, because carbs make you fat

3) ...you could make it to the gym, to spend 45 minutes on a treadmill doing your cardio

4) ...because of your genes (and I don't care if your mom and dad are fat too)

5) ...because you are getting older (thermodynamics does not change when you turn 40)

6) ...because you can't afford to eat organic (that is a blogpost for a different day)

Come on now, I swear I heard it all, just in the last 1/2 hour.

Why are you fat, thermodynamics:

delta(energy of stored fat) = {delta(energy in) - delta(energy out) - delta(energy of lean mass)}

Translation: The amount of fat that you put on =
How much you put in your pie hole
- How much work you do
- How much lean mass you put on

(all quantities in terms of energy)

I have been on both sides of this (from 6 to 27% BF), so it isn't easy for me either.

No comments: