1) In the snatch test, keep the bell up in the air.
2) For men, if you are within 5 lbs of making weight to snatch a lower bell, make weight.
3) For one day you will be expected to carry your bell around with you. Don't look like an amateur and farmers walk it or rack walk it. Clean it, then roll it to your shoulder.
4) Come in in shape. If you consider 20 swings a hard work out, you are not in shape.
5) If you are already an HKC, don't be arrogant when you come to the RKC (I have seen this).
6) Learn the teaching drills during the weekend. Don't expect to teach people the snatch by saying "watch me". Learn the corrective drills. I would have failed another 3 people in my group because their corrective skills were not up to par. Also, learn to recognize for errors.
7) Come to the social events. It was embarrassing in San Jose to only have 16 people show up for dinner when it should have been over 50. This is part of your education too.
8) Know proper hand care prior to the cert. If you don't know, ask someone.
9) Don't sacrifice everything else you do for the snatch test. By doing this you demonstrate that you don't understand the certification and you don't understand balanced training.
10) Show up rested. That means go low volume, low intensity the week prior to the cert. That does not mean that rest for 10 days prior.