I finally hit below the 180 mark. Down 179.5 lbs (weight loss in the last 10 weeks, 14.5). More importantly, my big lifts are unaffected - still destroying the mullets in the gym. I have other posts in my blog that detail my success and document some of my workouts.
My new goal is to be down to 169.5 by Nov 11 (nine weeks out). That is lower than the weight I graduated HS at. That should put my BF at around 7.2%. I will be incorporating some Return of the Kettlebell (RTK) doubles work into my training. This is why I am replanning. Fast weight loss + RTK is a recipe for disaster!
Performance based goals:
* 2.5xBW DL - in two weeks
* 3.0xBW DL - by COY
==> Was able to DL for the first time today and 415 went up easy.
* Pass RKC snatch test with one hand (100 snatches in 5 minutes). I have done 80 in 3:35 with right hand. I call this "clowning the snatch test".
* My shoulders have been troublesome for any BP and KB MP goals at this time. Working the PT to get better
* 2/3 BW Barbell TGU (current PR, 110lb @ 184, or a 59.8% BW TGU). By end of September.
* Bowl a 300 game and 800 series (within one year)
Notice there are no "work out x many times" or follow a good diet. That is because those are not performance goals, they are process goals. While they are important, they are determined by your performance goals. Also, think of it this way: If I go to the gym 6 times a week, but my lifts don't improve it either means one or two things:
* I am overtraining, or
* My training is not effective (and since I wrote my training plan, I would then be an idiot)
Box Squats (1" below parallel): 135, 185, 225 x 1 x 2; 245 x 3 x 2; 265 x 4 x 2
Leg Press: 4,6,8,9 pl/side x 1 x 10 (these felt good)
Lunges: 85 x 1 x 5L/5R; 135 x 1 x 5L/5R
Leg Curls: Stack x 1 x 10 (this felt really strong)
DL: 185, 235, 285, 335 x 1 x 3; 285, 415 x 1 x 1 (felt strong, but need to look at tape)
KB work: 32kg swings x 4 x 15; 24kg snatch x 20L/20R